2010-05-01

Time for .... finishing up some WIPs

This week a new eZine started!! Fatquarterly: if you haven´t : take a look: so lovely and inspirational! They really did a great job!

I made a pillow cover right away - with half square triangle flying geese ... I had those aside, left over from my first quilt .. so perfect for a little project! They did a great tute for these flying geese - so easy!
AND I did stippling ... yeah! And this pillow cover is my entry for a giveaway on the eZine :) (I couldn´t resist winning some fabric.....)

For the back I used some IKEA fabric- just because there is a goose on it!!!!!


I will definitly do some projects with this pattern ....

Another project this week was a new purse for my friend Buket - she wanted a new one (individual, handmade, special, unique,....) because on Monday she´s leaving for Turkey on a project week... We created one together - that was so much fun :)
Take a looK:

"Her lovliness from Elmstreet": the curderoy was her husbands suit (He still doesn´t know about this....:) inside this cuteness is (of course) a zipper pocket, the bag is closed with a magnet. The green tape was handcrocheted by her mother (who sadly died this year). Buket will add tomorrow some embelishments ... tüdelü-Kram we say in German :) I`m in love with her hair ... some wonderful glossy embroidery thread in orange!
The pillow is another monaw/bukiby project! "delicious fish..." - oh you can´t see this poor guy.
He´s a little sad ....

Today my hubby helped me cutting the strips for the spiderweb block swap .... but we have a lot more to cut ...

No comments:

Post a Comment