2012-01-04

Time for ... a new start!

I´ve been so tired and have lost my drive ... to much work I guess ...
So I took some time off my sewing space , did some family stuff (we had a wonderful family christmas) and - tried to change my work space ... which is still not right the right thing at the moment - nedds still some improvement :)
Buuut - I have got a new BIG additional table for cutting!!!! I can dive in my fabrics - and there´s still space near my sewing machine!!
I have started making a new quilt for a special person ... as I´m still working on my spiderweb quilt - handquilting really takes some time!! - so I needed something relativly fast and easy, most of the fabric from my stash. Many blues, a little colour and print - a man´s quilt!


Now I´m waiting for the batting to arrive ...

Ich war die letzte Zeit müde und antriebslos ... ich denke zu viel Arbeit, zu viel auf einmal und am besten immer schon gestern fertig ... also habe ich mir etwas "Auszeit"  vom Nähen gegönnt, schöne familyZeit genommen ... und meinen Nähplatz versucht umzubauen ... na ja ... ist noch ZIEMLICH verbesserungswürdig - ABER: ich habe einen neuen, extra Zuschneidetisch! Das ist genial - ich kann in meinen zu schneidenden Stoffen wühlen und habe dennoch bei der Nähmaschine Platz!!


Inzwischen habe ich spontan einen neuen Quilt für jemanden Besonderen angefangen, obwohl ich immer noch an meinem Spiderweb Quilt von Hand rumstichele ... Am meisten Zeit aht die Stoffauswahl bgebraucht :) Zwei Nachmittage und das Top (ca. 135cm x 200cm) war fertich! Das Zusammennähen war sehr spontan - improvisational eben! Jetzt warte ich auf mein Vlies zum Füttern ...

No comments:

Post a Comment